NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro app for iPhone and iPad
8368 ratings )
Current version: 3.4
, last update: 7 months ago
First release : 01 Sep 2011
App size: 32.4 Mb
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weathers auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the users Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Pros and cons of NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro app for iPhone and iPad
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro app good for
I did this to make this seen it is terrible unless you want to see the
I am trying to add a 4th Pin Drop location and the App will not allow it. I am selecting an address from my Address Book and have typed in the address. The App will not add the address.
The only bad thing is weak notification sounds. Not much to get your attention. Works fine on my IOS
You can see the swirl of tornados on the radar and it pins your location. I track the path of tornadoes near me to see if I need to take shelter or not.
Excellent app. I chose this one over any other radar app.
This app has a lot of features, but I only use it for viewing the radar, and viewing the satellite (clouds). Its much better than the usual forecast apps for viewing these. Great aesthetic design, decent source radar/sat material, updated so you can frequently see images 5min old or more recent.
I LOVE this app! Very accurate, very easy to understand with incredible detail. Ive been touring the US constantly, and this app has been essential to my route plan each day, and I credit it for keeping me aware & safe under spontaneous inclement weather conditions.
The camera part of the app is a delightful bonus, either to brag about experiencing perfect weather, or for solid proof of nasty weather endured.
Severe weather warnings are ornately detailed, providing the necessary information to properly plan the next course of action.
I *rarely* write reviews, but I highly recommend this app to anyone generally interested in weather, travelers, or those that like to stay a step ahead alike. Enjoy.
Some bad moments
Basically, pass on this app. Given the title of the app describes it as having"hi def" radar, it is extremely disappointing. Download any of the other apps under a search for "radar" on the app store and they will be far superior to this one with regard to radar resolution.
The radar is the reason this app doesnt get 1 star. It falls short in every other aspect as a weather app. The five-day forecast is never right as well as the hourly forecast. The iPhones stock weather app is more accurate than this. Dont waste your money.
This used to be my go to app for weather and now it doesnt function properly most of the time and its become inaccurate when it does work. Ive found the regular iOS weather app to be more reliable.
What a joke.
Havent seen an update in well over a year and support doesnt reply to emails. My collection of paid purchase orphan apps keeps getting larger and larger. Anyone purchasing this app needs to know its shelf life is limited do to lack of updates and support. I wish Apple would place some form of required support from app developers to maintain a position within the App Store, i.e. no active support no listing in the App Store.
Free apps offer more up-to-date and more accurate information.
Seeing past radar is not worth it. Was hoping for future and even past had bugs and showed nothing after a monstrous storm. Save your $
weather radar app,
storm tracker 6,
weather radar map,
storm tracker weather,
and other. So, download free NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro iOS app used & searched for